Search This Blog

Friday, March 9, 2012

Guest Post - Simo in Thailand


Location: Thailand
Date: February 2012
Crew: Simo
Catch: Tuna, Barracuda, Reef Fish, Grouper

Report: Went out on a couple of boats. The first one was with a group of people and not much happened.I managed to catch a really small Tuna that wasn't even 2kg.
The second time I went out was much better, hired my own personal boat for the day so the only people were myself, the captain and the deck hand. For the whole day it only cost me around $150 Aus! Amazing considering I had the whole boat to myself. I managed to catch a couple of nice size Barracuda (round 5kgs) while we were trolling. We also did some bottom/reef fishing and managed a large bag of Grouper and other reef fish that I am not familiar with. I would have liked to throw back the Cuda but the boat owners use them to feed their families and also sell them to the market so all good.


1 comment:

Toon van Beeck said...

Nice catch there simo, those are some solid sized couta's!