Search This Blog

Monday, November 3, 2014

Ronny's Creek

 
Date: 2 Nov 2014 
Weather: Raining
Crew: Dave, with guest appearances from Toon, Lisa and Jax
Target Fish: Trout
Bait: - Fly - Royal Stimulator #12 with a Copper John #12
Berley: None 
Catch: 9 Browns, 1 Rainbow
Report: I didn't think I could top the previous weekend, but this river was incredible. It wasn't looking good early on - there is a lot of debris in the water. It can take you half an hour to move 20 m. I think this deters a lot of anglers, and provides the fish lots of protection against predators. I pulled a fish out of almost every 'should be a fish there' stretch.  Fish that took the dry were in no hurry. They would cruise up to the surface, have a look then take it. The rainbow was one of the trout I've ever caught.
Rating: 10/10

No comments: