Search This Blog

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Whooray River


Date: 18 February 2017
Weather: Overcast
Crew: Dave
Target Fish: Trout
Bait: - Fly - Parachute Adams Hopper #14, 
Gear Used: Orvis Superfine Carbon 3wt, 7'6"
Catch: 2 Browns (1 other solid hookup, and two takes)
Report: On the way to my many trips to the Bitwenjopit I'd often noticed, if the sun was shining, a section of the Whooray that looked worthy of a stop. Today, time was not on my side and I needed to hit somewhere close. This possibly fishable section of the Whooray seemed a worthy candidate.

I found a good spot to pull over, and bush bashed through to the stream....yes, definitely fishable! Was hard not to notice the hoppers on the walk down and back to the car, making my first fly choice for the day an easy one. 

First cast just downstream from a submerged log produced a nice little brown. All other 'should hold a fish' targets came up with the goods.

Will hit again, a good alternate to the Royal Bird. 

Report: 7/10




No comments: